Monday, July 20, 2009

Bungalow Exterior Paint Colors

When I was coming up with the different options for the house colors, I forgot to first do some research on historical bungalow house colors (oops!). A good source of info on homes from this time period is the 1917 Aladdin House Catalog.


Here are some sample colors from the catalog.





Here is another link to historically accurate house colors from the same period.

Now, I was originally thinking of painting the house blue because the neighboring houses are yellow and a tan/sage green. I still like the idea of doing the slate blue, but I'm excited to look through the rest of these colors for trim colors. I just learned that craftsman homes were typically painted a main color and two trim colors. To go with my original blue with white trim idea, I like either the Willow Green or the French Gray the best.
Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment