Sunday, July 26, 2009

More Exterior Ideas

Today, on my way home from brunch, I decided to drive around my neighborhood to look at the bungalows in Silver Spring and Takoma Park to get some inspiration for exterior paint colors. I'm so glad I did, because there are tons in our neighborhood and I found this cute little bungalow right down the street.



It is really similar to our house and I LOVE the cedar shingles on the top floor. AND our house has cedar shingles on the top floor but only on the back side of the house. At first I thought we should just paint them to match the rest of the house but now I like the idea of leaving them and even doing the front to match! You can't see the side of the house from this angle but I found another house online that is much bigger, but had the same shingle application as the house I saw except the shingles went all the way to the roof.



I really like the sage green with the shingles and the white trim but I think we might do slate blue with the cedar shingles and the white trim and a red door. The shingles on the side would have to wait until later but its an exciting option!

No comments:

Post a Comment