Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hallway Update

The hallway stairs have always been plain white, which was never a bad choice but the flat paint had gotten really dirty.  I planned to paint it a semi-gloss white to make it easier to clean.  Then I also got the idea to use a stencil pattern on the walls and to add some kind of photo display.  It took me a day to paint the walls, ceiling, and trim and another full day of stenciling.  Here's the progression from painting the white semi-gloss (with help from Masai) to stenciling (laborious but worth it...I think) to hanging pictures and other decorations.
Before 




Testing out the stencil



More photos after the jump.


Measuring, measuring and more measuring





Almost done






The finished product!








It's also really nice to see a bit of the pattern from the dining room...




I'm not quite done as I have plans to refinish the stairs, add a hanging lantern at the top of the stairs, and add more photos and posters to the wall.  But I'm pretty happy with it for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment