Monday, January 17, 2011

Holiday Decorations

We didn't have much time to really get into decorating the outside of the house this year, but here's what we did do...



Photos after the jump!



Homegrown Halloween decorations: we grew the pumpkin in our front yard (thanks to our neighbor and gardener extraordinaire, Jeff, who gave us the pumpkin plant).


Masai decided to use the pumpkin vines to make the house look festive.







As for Christmas, we pretty much just put up a wreath and a swag from Trader Joe's and a garland with lights around the door.  I bought a bunch more lighted garlands and had plans to put them up on the porch but had to nix those plans when finals and holiday shopping needed to be attended to (at least I'll be all set for next year).  Also the garland around the door fell off pretty much every day because of the wind and I didn't have the energy to secure it properly, so for much of the holidays it sat in a pile next to the door.  Here's what the indoor decorations looked like.









My mom made these stockings by hand as a Christmas present to me and Masai.  




I actually didn't make the gingerbread house until after Christmas and started eating it promptly after taking these pictures.  I got the kit from Trader Joe's and will probably get it again next year.  It was easy and delicious.  Hope you and yours had a very happy holidays!

~Tatiana

No comments:

Post a Comment