Monday, January 17, 2011
Xmas Stockings
We hosted Christmas this year at our house for the first time and my mom did a fabulous job making us our Christmas stockings. She used burlap, a khaki liner fabric, and several different kinds of ribbon and trim that we picked out from Hancock Fabrics. They turned out so much better than I had imagined and they're really the most beautiful stockings I've ever seen (thanks again Mom!). Photos of the stockings in progress are below and the finished product with some close ups are after the jump.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Tati, I loved making the stockings, and I loved the way we designed them together... It was your concept to do the burlap, and then we found the two shades of burlap at Hancok Fabrics, along with all those gorgeous trims in the upholstery section. And it was so much fun deciding together which trims should go on which stocking... we made great choices! AND we did the entire project, from inception to completion, in 2 days!!! It all came together so smoothly, and the materials cost about $50.00 for all five stockings. That was a great bit of collaboration! I don't think Martha Stewart could have done any better!
ReplyDelete