Saturday, January 8, 2011

Master Bedroom Updates

The master bedroom was the first bedroom that I have ever had a real vision for. After browsing countless design websites and perusing several magazines, I had an idea of what I wanted to look like. It honestly came out better than I had imagined, and I felt even more inspired to continue working on the rest of the house. It's a lovely room to come home to and I find it to be very peaceful, relaxed, and elegant.





More photos after the jump!








Part of what made the furniture arrangement work was moving my big clunky dresser (which used to be where the mirrored chest is in the photo above - love that thing, it's also from homegoods) into my closet.


At first I thought I might be crazy and that it would get too cramped in there. Actually it turned out to be so convenient and it doesn't feel crowded at all. In the mornings I sit on the little bench and pick out my outfits and when I need to change quickly, I can throw stuff in there without making the bedroom a mess.

Also, here are some pics of the bedroom before we bought the house and after we moved in.




No comments:

Post a Comment